Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Day 308 and Busted
From the beginning, one of my goals on this year long endeavor was using up so much of my stash which would otherwise surely never be used in my lifetime if I didn't do something drastic. This scarf marks a momentous occasion when a yarn that I've had for years and years (and of which I had many skeins) finally had been used completely up. This yarn was called "Aquarius" and I had something like 7 or 8 skeins. It would have been great if it was the type of yarn that I had wanted to make a sweater out of, but it was a brush acrylic and had I made a sweater, I would have ruined it with sweat after the first wearing. This stuff is just that warm. Happily that makes it a prime candidate for a scarf and I think I managed to get 4 or 5 scarves out of it including one of my very first scarves, the garter stitch which I believe was way back on January 1st.
This time around I had only one skein left and I had to make it last. There is a particular market bag which I am fond of which is made with a chain mesh and increased by making longer chains between each mesh point. As fluffy as the yarn was, I figured it would look less like a market bag and more like a ruffle.