Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 317 and Quickbraid


Until now, excepting sewn and fleece scarves, the shortest amount of time I've spent on a daily piece is about 2 hours (even for cowls and gigantic needlework!) This one was done in under an hour and it was such a unique construction.

Like yesterday I was playing with making long loops with chains. Today I made 3 big loops, kept the yarn attached and braided them together. A few rows of single crochet locked each braid into place. Usually when you braid there are separate pieces, but having these loops kept it all together and very tame. Now I wish I had gone even wider with 2 loops per braid strand... of course, there's still plenty of time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!