Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 312 and Newspaper


What's black and white and red all over? HA! We've all heard that one. I love the look of putting more than one color yarn together, and I love the look of putting more than one texture together as long as it's not overwhelming. This seemed a natural progression and I'm surprised I didn't get here earlier.

In general I think that tweeding a couple of yarns together that are opposite colors tends to be a bit harsh, but I added a third yarn in gray to soften the change and I'm very happy with it. Happily adding the fur yarn in for just a few rows barely changed the gauge at all since I was using such a large needle to begin with (size 17). I anticipate making more of these someday in the future as cute gifts in lots of colors when my stash once again gets out of hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!