Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 328 and Cheer


This would be another terrific pep rally school spirit favorite team scarf! I increased one stitch at the beginning of each row until I had 10 stitches. I used a size M hook, but if you prefer a smaller hook, increase to as many stitches as you'd like so that the scarf is comfortably wide for you. After working straight for a while, decrease one stitch at the end of each row until you've come to a point. Leave your ends long enough to attach the pom poms.

Of all things, I used a DVD case to make the size pom poms I wanted. I wound yarn around the case about 50 times to get the thickness I wanted. Tie yarn around the center point on each side of the case and cut along both edges. Your pom poms will turn out exactly the same size and you have yarn ends at each point of the scarf ready to tie the pompoms on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!