Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Day 257 and Wave


I know I've mentioned a few books in passing as inspiration or as stitch dictionaries that I particularly enjoy, but there are plenty of books out there that are dedicated specifically to the accessory to which I'm bound for another 98 days.

Hooked Scarves: 20 Easy Crochet Projects is where I plucked this pattern. It is meant to be made with a much larger needle and much larger yarn, but shrinking it down still gave a nice size. As for the book, it is true to its name. The chosen projects would all be excellent for a beginner or an ambitious beginner with a focus on making something wearable and making it right now. The stitches stay relatively basic and the tutorial section of the book has a great many photos that are clear and colorful. The scarves themselves range from fun and funky to professional and sophisticated. My opinion? I approve! :)

1 comment:

  1. Really cool, I love the different colours inside each other.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!