Saturday, September 24, 2011

Day 268 and Rainbow Mosaic


I've done traditional garter stitch mosaic knitting before with Treaty and yesterday I did something very simple with Linkies. I've been working on this one for a while and I don't think I could be more thrilled with the results.

What's special about this scarf is the way a solid background makes a colored foreground come to life. Any solid would work as long as it has high contrast with EVERY color in the changing yarn. I've found that if the colors come too close together at any point it tends to muddle the entire pattern so make choosing colors a very deliberate time in your own design.

This pattern is on Ravelry as mosaic scarf and you can see the details of my own color choices on my project page here.

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic! I absolutely adore it. The contrast of the orange and green against the black background is really lovely. Definitely one I'd make! Love.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!