Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 169 and Stained Glass


Fabric isn't glass, but oh the colors you can find or even dye yourself! I'm still not very advanced in color work, but a nice long slender window pane helps connect my glass love to this scarf. I tried to get a little bit of light through the color by using lace so, very literally, sunlight will dapple through the very fabric. A fat black outline makes for a clear and direct relationship to the iron outlines of a rose window.

And let's face it, I just really love jewel tones. They all look fabulous together and doesn't every girl love some truly outrageous gems in their outfit? (80's reference!!! :D)

1 comment:

  1. Love it. I think the black border really sets it off, it does look like stained glass!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!