Thursday, March 17, 2011

Day 76 and the Big Drop


I haven't done a nice drop stitch yet, have I? And I still have this ribbon yarn that I picked up a couple of days ago!

Again it's Gala which I found at the outlet store and with size 15 needles and 15 stitches, I knit even for 4 rows to start. I did a drop stitch row (yo twice after each stitch), the knit even for 3 rows, repeating those 4 rows until I was clean out of yarn.

Drop stitches really show off shiny novelty yarns extremely well, and this 4 foot scarf is a perfect little blazer scarf. Lightweight and drape-y and it's really a shame I don't own a blazer! haha!

1 comment:

  1. You're going to have to get a blazer soon for all these gorgeous scarves! Drop stitches are great, a really effecive way to show off yarn.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!