Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 23 and the Crazy Chain


If you've visited my Etsy shop, you know I'm a big fan of i-cord. I think it's such a versatile technique and it can be made in so many different ways: double pointed needles, single pointed needles, french knitters and spools, specialized machines.

I have so many very short lengths of i-cord left over from other projects, what else was I to do?

This decorative scarf was made simply by connecting each one of those little cords into a complete circle and making a continuous chain. If you don't know how to make a nice neat join, I suggest watching Lucy Neatby's Knitting Gems 1 DVD. It's not precisely the method I like using, but it is a very good tutorial nonetheless.

You may argue that this is more like jewelry than scarfery. I can certainly see your point, but worn doubled, this piece makes a comfortable cowl that does in fact offer some warmth so I judge that it fits within the guidelines of scarfhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!