Monday, January 10, 2011

Teasing Uncle Scrooge

I can't believe there are only ten days left until our trip to DisneyWorld! So I'd better stop putting off an idea for a related blog post that I've been meaning to write for a long time.

One of the key elements of any visit to any of the Disney parks is the character encounter. Whether it's a person in a full-on animal costume or a woman simply dressed up as a princess, they always add a lot of fun to the atmosphere and experience. And it seems that most people who take the time to track them down, or wait in line to see them, or just happen to bump into one, enjoy the opportunity to have a photo taken with them. And usually it's a visitor-standing-next-to-character-while-grinning photograph. I don't want to say there's anything wrong with that, or that it's too boring, but it seems to me that if you take the time and money to visit the Disney universe, you might as well go an extra step to create extra-special photographed memories.

My idea is to create an amusing shot for any character encounter we happen to make during our DisneyWorld visit. And the purpose of my posting about it now instead of just showing you afterward is that I would like to hear any of your suggestions for poses or set-ups that you think we should try. I'll list a few examples that I had in mind, in case I'm still not clear on what I'm going for:

-Holding a dollar bill just out of Uncle Scrooge's reach
-Sharing a baguette with Aladdin and/or Abu
-Going face-to-face against Donald Duck by doing that swinging-one-fist-and-hopping-on-one-foot thing
-Standing normally but facing away from the camera, with Goofy
-Pin-the-tail-on-Eeyore

I could probably go on and on, but let's any suggestions you may have!

1 comment:

  1. But if everyone's facing away from the camera, how will we know it's Goofy?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!