Monday, May 23, 2011

Day 143 and Kevin


This scarf was the result of the very distinct and often unusual bond between designer and laborer. In this case Kevin was the unwitting laborer. I hauled him to the yarn store and said, "CHOOSE!!" I hauled him back home and laid out stitch dictionaries and said, "CHOOSE!!" Whatever he choose, I crafted. No questions were asked. No complaints given.

He definitely picked out a yarn I would never have chosen on my own and the stitch pattern was also one I would have passed by. At first I found it to be an excruciating project, but it's kind of grown on me. I'm glad I did it. I had a lot of good practice with puff stitches and the end result really did end up quite handsome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!