Sunday, May 1, 2011

Day 121 and The Whole Nine Yards


Maybe that's an exaggeration. But it certainly only took about 19 yards of some Lion Chenille Thick and Quick to make this collar style scarf. The key to getting the most out of your last little bits of yarn is efficiency! I've had this gauzy neckerchief for a while, but I can't remember the last time I wore it. I decided adding it to this too short bit of knitting would turn two pieces of non-functional fabric into one piece of repurposed love! Best of all, I managed to use a very very small amount of scrap yarn saving it from the bin as well as making a scarf that didn't cost a single dime and barely took a lick of time.

7 stitches wide and only about 20 inches long, this is nothing more than stockinette stitch on size 19 needles. The stitches are loose enough to thread the unloved kerchief through any stitch I so choose. For this photo, I threaded it through the center stitch at each end of the scarf and just tied a bow. I could also have woven it in and out the length of the knitting and just tucked the ends through each other for a different look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!