Saturday, May 28, 2011

Day 148 and the Chain of Love




I was tooling around online and trying to find a nice little heart motif that didn't have those rather annoying eye holes from the shell that is always used for the heart bump.

"Nuts to this!" says I! "I'm sure I could come up with my own tiny heart that better suits me!"
So I did! I really need to make a video of this because the heart bumps just don't seem to translate very well, but here's my best shot at it.

Any size crochet hook with a matching weight yarn can be used. (American abbrev.)

Row 1: Chain 2. 1 SC into the second chain from hook. Turn. (1 stitch)
Row 2: Chain 3. 4 DC all into the SC. Turn. (5 stitches)
Row 3: Chain 3. DC once into every stitch across (including the very first!). DC twice into the top chain of the previous row. (7 stitches)
Row 4: Chain 2. Yarn over, pull up a loop in the second stitch, Yarn over, pull up a loop from the third stitch (5 loops on hook), Yarn over and pull through all 5 loops. Chain 2, slip stitch in the next stitch. 1 heart bump complete. Chain 2, yarn over, pull up a loop in the next stitch, yarn over, pull up a look in the next stitch, (5 loops on hook), yarn over and pull through all 5 loops. Chain 2, slip stitch in the top of the chain from the previous row. Give these bumps a little tug to round out the shape.

Repeat these 4 rows as many times as you want to create a chain of these hearts. The hearts will always face the same direction because the row repeat is an even number. It makes a cute scarf, but as a motif, I'm already thinking about where else it would be cute such as the border of a baby blanket or as a pretty wreath for the front door.

1 comment:

  1. Aw cute hearts! I love them. I think the bow scarf is cool too, I like scarves that are close to your neck, they kep you nice and snug. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!