Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 120 and Bubbles


I've picked up my little toy knitting machine again!

I still can't get it to make a flat panel, but I did make an interesting effect with the tube. I made it exactly as long as I wanted the scarf and then with a secondary yarn (I choose to match my color, but since you can't hardly see it, any color would be fine) and evenly spaced some running stitches. By pulling on those running stitches tightly, the tube squished up to make a very cute chain of bubbles or... well they would have looked like sausage links if it was in pink! If you were so inclined, you could even stuff those bubbles for a more substantial third dimension and a quilted feeling scarf. Call it hotdogs XD

It's a good thing I have a sense of humor or I could never live with my weird self :P

1 comment:

  1. heh, a sausage scarf. :D You could have great fun with that idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!