Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 93 and Tim Burton


I had originally hoped to have made this scarf even longer, but one of the restraints of the challenge I've given myself is the demand for at least one scarf every single day. I cut it short just to meet my deadline.

To me, nothing says grim but whimsical, smart but ridiculous, funny but scary more than Tim Burton. He directed such classics as Sweeney Todd, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Beetlejuice and in all three you'll find an example of grim fashion necessity, the evenly spaced black stripes. (On a separate but related topic, Burton films make for fun knitting games. There are a number of key features that can be found in many and sometimes all of his films which would be a terrific set up for a trigger. Learn more about game knitting with leethal)

This scarf is essentially the Oneone once again, but with two colors taking turns every two rows. This way the opposite color can easily be trailed up the edge of the work and is relatively unnoticeable. I recommend this with any number of color combinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for you comments! We do read and appreciate them all and try to answer questions if you post them!